cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fedotov" <mikh...@kittown.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Symmetry (short :)
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:33:37 GMT
Hi!

> Please elaborate more. I don't see what a transformer
>  isn't able to do in the current implementation.

I've been talking that it _can_ do almost the same thing
 that a symmetric serializer is expected to do, i.e. we can
 save response to disk, send something somewhere and do
 virtually anything else in transformer. We don't need
 specific serializer for that.

> But I don't see how this is related to the Subject
>  "[RT] Cocoon Symmetry".

I mean that we [xml/cocoon addicts :)] _already have_
 functionality of symmetric serializer via use of
 transformers, the only deviation is that we still need to
 wait for some response after request. And this is good
 since it allows to keep track of request results.

That's the point of special symmetric serializer ?

Mikhail