cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: info on my recent contributions in the scratchpad
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:34:05 GMT
At 7:22 pm +0100 22/2/02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>I uploaded (with much problems for your compiler, sorry about that) a
>few new components that I found very useful:
>
>1) ImageReader
>2) DirectoryZipArchiver
>3) Paginator

Great Ideas!

I've been doing lots of Pagination stuff in XSLT, yea it's beastly.
I was beginning to turn to the extreme that I would store everything
separately in the smallest size I'd ever want it (xlinked together via
linkmaps), and pull things together rather than ever have to filter stuff
apart.

>At the same time, I think the concept is quite powerful, even if it is
>somewhat inefficient since it filters out things instead of generating
>them propertly

What an PaginatingGenerator, or PaginatingSource(?)
You need to use a Paginator on whatever source you use.

>Anyway, use them and improve on them at wish.

Will do.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre