cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: WriteableSource to write anywhere
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:51:15 GMT
At 12:22 am +0100 23/2/02, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>Jeremy, I also quickly updated the FileWritingTransformer so that it
>uses any WriteableSource instead of just files. Could you please look at
>it ? Another update would be also to the 'serializer' parameter fully
>optional so that SAX events are sent directly to the result of
>WriteableSource.getContentHandler(). This would for avoid parsing the
>output of the serializer for native XML sources such as xmldb.

Hi Silvain,

I am just working on a new Transformer, WritableSourceTransformer, that
will replace FileWritingTransformer and should be able to write to any
writable source.

What I do not understand right now is this:

How do I tell if a particular WritableSource needs the services of a
Serializer or not?

'file://' needs one, but XMLDB will not right?

At the moment, I am working on the assumption that is you have provided a
Serializer parameter, you want to use a Serializer. But I think this is not
the best way to do it!

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design