cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: FileWritingTransformer
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:58:14 GMT
At 12:12 pm +0100 18/2/02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Whatever generates the 'child' document (the part of the 'parent' document
>> that gets written out) will issue the appropriate StartPrefixMapping calls
>> for that Fragment, no?
>> Therefore it is the responsibility of the generator (Stream, Request,
>> XInclude, XSLT etc.) to output appropriate NameSpaces for the 'child', it
>> is not the 'parent's responsibility.
>> I had though that StartPrefixMapping calls are only made at the beginning
>> of the Stream, when I set up a few log transformers in the sitemap, it
>> became a bit clearer.
>> Is this making sense to anyone? ;)
>Sounds reasonable to me.

It worked like a charm ;)

I have _just_ got a page editor working ;)
I will commit it asap.

edit/                 - choose a file from your docs directory to edit
edit/new              - open a form to make a new page from a template
edit/get/filename.xml - open a form to edit an existing file
edit/put/filename.xml - save the file you just edited

The editor sitemap is designed to be dropped into an existing project.
You add the 'editor.xmap', the 'editor' folder to your project's sitemap
Add a mount point to your 'sitemap.xmap'.
Edit the XSL templates in the 'editor/stylesheets' folder to be able to
handle the structure of the documents you want to edit.

I am currently using the StreamGenerator to Parse the incoming edited XML,
this means that you can only edit the file as a whole document (unpleasant
at the best of times ;).

If you wanted to break a page down into several form fields, some of which
were allowed to have XML in them, currently you would have to write your
own Generator in XSP.

I am planning a RequestParsingGenerator that would handle this automatically.

Did anyone run any of the tests.
I got one report they are not working .....

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message