cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: WriteableSource to write anywhere
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:50:29 GMT

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> >BTW, your new slash-edit demo is really nice. By crossing this with the
> >Chaperon text parser and the "crushing userland" thread, we should
> >quickly have a Cocoon-powered weblog !
>
> Ah Ha! It works ... great news!
>
> The Chaperon text parser, can it take paragraphs of text and convert it to XML?

I think yes.

> The user writes something like this in a form field:
>

> Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet
> doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum.
>
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy
> nibh euismod
>
> Tincidunt ut laoreet
> Dolore magna aliquam
> Erat volutpat
>
> Which is turned into something like this:

> doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. </p>

> nonummy nibh euismod</p>

> Dolore magna aliquam<br/>
> Erat volutpat</p>
>
> Can it do this?
>
> This would avoid much of the need to let the user edit XML at all, and save
> everybody a lot of grief!

#token WORD [A-Za-z]+;
#token CR   \r;

#whitespace [\ \t\n]+

%%

linecontent : line WORD %append
            | WORD      %append
            ;

line : linecontent CR
     ;

emptyline : CR
          ;

paragraphcontent : paragraphcontent line %append
                 | line                  %append
                 ;
paragraph : paragraphcontent emptyline
          ;

text : text paragraph %append
     | paragraph      %append
     ;

Something like this should work, and chaperon will produce
<text>
 <paragraph>
  <line>
   <WORD>Nam</WORD><WORD>liber</WORD>
[...]

At this moment, we write in our group a latex grammar, with which
author could write latex(inclusive mathematical content) in a webform.