cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] was: [PROPOSAL] mulitple actions per class
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:15:13 GMT
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
>
> > So, what will the end user see on his screen in this case? Buttons with ugly
> > names and what will you do in a multilanguage web application? You'll get
> > multilanguage method names ;)

Oops, this is a very ugly bug in the concept of actions/action-sets.

> *doh* me stupid! We cannot use the value for that. The information must be
> hidden inside the name... damn - this is embarrasing
>
> But hey, this reveals a i18n problem with actions! The value must be a
> i18n value. So you would need action-sets for each language!! This must be
> changed anyway!

Yes, seems so.

> I guess we need to do this somehow like the turbine guys:
>
>  <input type="submit" name="cocoon-action-[actionname]" value="Hinzufuegen">
>
> While changing this I could easily add the paramter stuff to work the same
> way as you propose with URL stuff below.
>
>  <input type="submit" name="cocoon-action-[actionname]/[parameter]" value="Hinzufuegen">

This could be a way to go but I propose to slightly change it into:

  <input type="submit" name="cocoon-action[-actionname[/parameter]]" value="Hinzufuegen">

This will maintain backward compatability at the produced HTML level.

> The /[parameter] could be optional and be translated into an action
> parameter named "cocoon-action-parameter". What do you think?

We could also add a new ParametrizedAction interface extending the original one and add that
parameter to the method sinature.

Giacomo