cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] move tree-processor in the main trunk
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:34:59 GMT
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ok,
>
> sitemap code generation is getting slower every day and is likely to
> become worse as we add more bugfixes and error generation.

The last major rewrite has introduced a boost in slownes.

> Clearly, developping on cocoon with 20 seconds delays between changes is
> a nightmare and would scare people away instantly.

C'mon, it's not that bad. I do develop on it and as long as you don't
have to clear your work directory it works just fine. There is no need
to restart Tomcat all the time anymore.

> Now that we have a functional interpreted sitemap engine, I suggest we
> move this on the main trunk and keep improving on it from there.

+1

> Also, I would like to propose a name change: TreeProcessor isn't exactly
> self-explanatory as a 'sitemap interpreter'.

Ok.

> Moreover, I'd love to be able to decide what to use (interpreted or
> compiled) from cocoon.xconf....

I thought is is already configurable in cocoon.xconf.

> or, in case the treeprocessor ends up
> faster all the time, simply blast the compiled version and get rid of
> that stupid javac!

+1

Giacomo