cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject RE: is cocoon symmetry a holy grail?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:56:40 GMT
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Greg Weinger wrote:

> > From: Matt Sergeant [mailto:matt@sergeant.org]
> > > Tell me if this is different from what you're talking about: a
> > > Transformer/Generator pair that acts like a combination of
> (modified)
> > > FragmentExtractor and CInclude.
> > >
> > > Say we have a MultiplexingTransformer [MT] in a pipeline like this:
> > >

> > > 	Request --> G -> T -> MT -> S --> Response
> > >

> > > MultiplexingTransformer calls 1-n pipleines via the cocoon:/
> protocol.
> >
> > This sounds a lot like the Manifold system in XML::SAX::Machines,
> check it
> > out at http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=XML-SAX-Machines. The
> current
> > experimental version of AxKit is basically a SAX Machines constructor,
> and
> > so supports this "out of the box".
>
> I like the name.  The difference seems to be that Manifold forwards all
> SAX events for the entire document down each of the pipelines, whereas
> the multiplexer (router, separator, whatever) allows you to pick which
> events you want to route to a particular pipeline.

Ah, I didn't see that bit in what you wrote. That's done with
XML::Filter::Dispatcher (which you can also find on search.cpan.org),
which multiplexes based on XPath statements. Currently X:F:D can't be used
directly as a Distributor in XML::SAX::Machines' Manifold system, but
hopefully it will be able to "soon". :-)

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->