cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Sources and Drains
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:49:02 GMT
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> [For those of you who didn't study elettronic, MOSFET transistors have
> sources, drains and gates. Sources generate electrons, drains consume
> them and gates control the flow]

And in computing terms, a drain has for a long time been called a "Tee".
See tee(1).

> So, at the end we get:
>
>  1) pipeline: g -> t* -> s
>  2) source: g -> t*
>  3) drain: t* -> s
>  4) aggregator with parts
>  5) router with drains (bah, don't really like the name router, but I
> can't think of anything better)
>
> Comments?

It's fine and obvious and called a Tee, and part of XML::SAX::Machines
(and part of everyone's Perl SAX toolkit for a long time before that).
But then you guys *never* read stuff when I post Perl links, so I don't
know why I even bother.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->