cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject HTTPHTMLGenerator
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:29:12 GMT
I had the same problem as described in bug #6520
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101402671004632&w=2). I
solved this problem using the HTTPClient (commons-httpclient-20011012.jar).

The use of the HTTPClient makes it possible to use the POST-paramters and
HEADER-parameters of the client/cocoon-connection.

  Browser   --->    Cocoon    --->   HTTP-Resource
           Request       HTTPHTMLGenerator
                         using HEAD & POST of
                         the Request

I called this generator (based on the HTML-Generator) HTTPHTMLGenerator.

Using this generator solved my problem posted last december (using Cocoon2
as Proxy):
- http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100758023726189&w=2
- http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100763795331083&w=2

The HTTPHTMLConnector makes it very easy to integrate existing web
applications into cocoon.

Attached you find the sources (HTTPHTMLGenerator.java) - tested with Cocoon
2.0.1/Tomcat4.0.1/Win2K-Prof

Reinhard Pötz