cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject AW: Dispatcher/Adapter
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:26:41 GMT
Hi Kinga,

discussion on my proposal. I propose to add to the Cocoon project
Dispatcher/Adapter concept. This set of interfaces and basic abstraction
allows building pluggable extensions in a more standardized way.
<<

Carsten and I are definately +1 on this :-)

Regards

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: DZIEMBOWSKI,KINGA (HP-NewJersey,ex2)
[mailto:kinga_dziembowski@hp.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 23:22
An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Dispatcher/Adapter

Hi,
I feel that the tension of release is over, and we can return to the
discussion on my proposal. I propose to add to the Cocoon project
Dispatcher/Adapter concept. This set of interfaces and basic abstraction
allows building pluggable extensions in a more standardized way. The real
life example of such extension is our HP-SOAP Server. (You can download it
from http://www.hpmiddleware.com/download.) But it is just one example, the
imagination can bring much more.

To refresh your memory the proposal, demo , patches  and additions can be
found at:
http://soap.bluestone.com/proposal. The real HP-SOAP server in action can be
accessed by:
http://soap.bluestone.com/hpws.
Please note the combination of Cocoon publishing techniques, XSP pages used
as client forms to access SOAP services, with processing capabilities.

Kinga

Kinga Dziembowski
Hewlett Packard
HP Bluestone Middleware Division