cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:21:02 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> <snipped>
> But I have also have a question : should enter/leaveEnvironment be
> called only once per request (i.e. on the root sitemap), or also on
> every nested subsitemap ?
> In sitemap.handler, it seems to be called for each subsitemap, which
> means for example that a RequestLifecycle component looked up in the
> main sitemap is hidden when we enter in a subsitemap. Is this the
> intended behaviour ?
Argh, no of course not - the intended behaviour is that a RequestLifecycle
component is valid for a request regardless in what sitemap it is looked up.
But, if an internal request is process (using the cocoon: protocol),
the RequestLifecycle component of the calling process are not valid inside
the internal request. That is the intention of the lines in the

Well, lets see if I can fix it somehow. Thanks for reporting it!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message