cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: some remnants of old JaxpParser
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:52:48 GMT
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>  <snip/>
> Perhaps i did not express myself clearly. I am trying to
> verify that the Catalog Entity Resolver is still functioning
> properly after the move to Excalibur JaxpParser.
>
> When i look at the startup logs, then there is one mention
> of the old role "shorthand resolver" (which then uses the
> old parser role "shorthand parser"). This entry is then
> followed by two mentions of the new resolver role
> "shorthand entity-resolver" (which use the new parser
> role "shorthand xml-parser").
>
> I cannot find where the first entry (using the old resolver
> and old parser) are coming from, and so why there is
> a mixture of old and new.

The old roles (resolver and parser) are still in the cocoon.roles
for compatibility , so when this roles file is parsed by the component
manager, it immediately creates a pool for the old components as
they are poolable. So, the messages will still appear in the logs -
the only solution to avoid them is to remove the Poolable marker
from the components.

Carsten