cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: accessing request parameters in sitemap
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:21:31 GMT

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 12:46 pm, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> Hi Ovidiu,
>
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 09:47:46AM -0800, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>
>> Currently the sitemap has a syntax which allows referring to matching
>> portions of the URL. Is there a way to refer to request arguments,
>> headers or session related properties directly in the sitemap?
>> Something like this:
>>
>> <map:match pattern="doc/**">
>>   <map:generate src="documents/{1}">
>>     <map:parameter name="type" value="{parameter(type)}"/>
>>     <map:parameter name="browser" value="{header(X-Browser)}"/>
>>   </map:generate>
>> </map:match>
>
> 	Parts of this is possible with the RequestParamAction. It would
> 	need to be extended into a more general action to support
> 	headers, session properties, etc and the syntax you've used
> 	above, but the basics are there.
>
> 	Take a look at org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamAction.

Am I right in saying that, in creating an action of this type, it is best
to limit the number of name,value pairs being made available as any
differing value may be enough to prevent caching even if the value is not
used in the match?

Stuart.

            Public Key - 1024D/88DD65AF 2001-11-23 Stuart Roebuck (Adolos)
      Key fingerprint = 89D9 E405 F8B1 9B22 0FA2  F2C1 9E57 5AB1 88DD 65AF