cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: [OT] Tomcat 3.3 : Remove mapping
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:14:00 GMT
> De: Matthew Langham [mailto:mlangham@s-und-n.de]
> Enviado el: miƩrcoles 13 de febrero de 2002 16:03

Given my amount of wins in the last months, sure i'm sighting to south
when you are at north, take my advices with care ;)) anyway here i go ..

Which Cocoon ? CVS?  2.1? 2.0?

> Quick question - I have not been able find anything on this:
>
> On an installed Cocoon + Tomcat 3.3 base, after a while (of
> not calling
> Cocoon), Tomcat does this:

This can happen in a cocoon 2.0 or the alike install ( i dont remeber if
the fix for that problem is in the 2.0 final ) why ? because you have
reloadable="true" in the cocoon context ( i think true is defautl for a
war deployed webapp not sure), and you are touching the sitemap, 3.3
detects the change and tries to reload the cocoon webapp.., not very
good for a self managed webapp like cocoon..

> When next called the following happens:

Perhaps for some reason after unloading the app, Tomcat cannot restart
it..this was happening some time ago because of HSQL..

> Any ideas what causes this? configuration?

Add a Explicit context for cocoon and make it reloadable=false, your
problem sounds relate to webapp reloading, this one way to achieve this
messages en logs..

If you continue having problems, better to use Tomcat-user than
cocoon-dev, Main tomcat-devs are lurking there..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega