cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject xml-signature
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 04:10:54 GMT
Just to toss an idea out into the fray...

Now that the W3 has recommended xml-signature, does it make sense to try
and figure out how to incorporate it into the Cocoon pipeline model?

I've put a (very) little thought into this and I'm not sure what approach
makes the most sense.  For documents serialized as XML, then a
modification to the XMLSerializer should work.  For other serializers
where you can't easily add XML content, then my guess is that you have to
go "out of band".
Unfortunately the "definition" of a serializer is that it is the last
thing in a pipeline.  It isn't (I think) possible using the current
sitemap semantics to define something that takes place after the
serializer, which means calculating the signature of the generated content
is impossible.

Does anyone else see value in this, and if so, how would you add this
functionality?

Jason Foster