cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [provocative] crushing userland
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:16:43 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Anyway, can't we *directly* use RSS for blogs? is much more semantic
> than OPML anyway.

You asked for it, you got it. My "embryo-of-a-blog"
(http://violetta.cbim.it/cocoon/mount/beeb/) now uses RSS 1.0.

You can also get the raw RSS feed by clicking on the little "XML" button
in the bottom right.

I have a problem now. I want to limit the entries displayed in the
homepage to the 20 most recent or so. I could do it in XSLT but it would
be horrible performance-wise as the numner of entries grows. I really
need to sort the entries in reverse date order and retrieve only the
first N items in the collection and do it in the XMLDB source. Ideas anyone?

	Ugo

P.S.: should we move this discussion to forrest-dev or maybe cross-post?

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it