cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject C2 Scalability Issues
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:09:23 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The approach I would like to take for the Cocoon component model is
> a refining of all the interfaces.  Unfortunately, that would require
> some backwards incompatible changes. :(
>
> When I get the ContainerManager done and a new scratchpad
> implementation of Cocoon (as extending AbstractContainer), Main, and
> CocoonServlet; we can start to assess the real limitations that the
> current component model has with scalibility.
>
> Until then, you are going to do alot of work for only marginal gains.

Ok, small scalability is a serious problem and I think that we can
decide to break back compatibility (with the 2.1 series) if this proves
to be architecturally valuable.

So, please, let's list the changes that you think would be sufficient to
solve the scalability problems you perceive.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.