cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Core libraries
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:28:05 GMT
I've recently decided that the simplest way to start a new Cocoon
project is to prepare a "minimal" configuration as a template and start
adding to it whatever is needed. I've got the latest CVS, compiled it
(WITH scratchpad) and tried to strip sitemap.xmap and cocoon.xconf to
their barebones (you can look at the attached files).

The problem is with the libraries. It looks like there are two
"optional" jars that must be included or you get an error.

The first one is maybeupload_1-0-5pre3.jar. If I don't put it in
WEB-INF/libs I get a stacktrace with this error:

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
uk/co/weft/maybeupload/MaybeUploadRequestWrapper

The full page is in the attached status.html file.

The second one is bsf-2.2.jar. If I don't include it in WEB-INF/lib I
get a page telling me that the sitemap could not be compiled and the
following message is in the logs:

ERROR   (2002-02-19) 09:22.07:682   [sitemap] (/cocoon/status)
HttpProcessor[8080][4]/Handler: Error compiling sitemap
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/bsf/BSFException

I can't find where in the sitemap or xconf file these classes are
referred to.

My configuration is the following:

- Linux RedHat 7.1
- Sun JDK 1.4.0 (with xalan-2.2.0.jar, xerces-1.4.4.jar, xml-apis.jar
   in jre/lib/endorsed)
- Cocoon 2 from CVS as of February 18.
- Tomcat 4.0.1

If we can solve this issue, we might provide this kind of configuration
in the distribution, as it seems it could be useful.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it