cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Ann] chaperon project launched at SF(was: textparser)
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:22:37 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I finally found a name for my project;-) I have now check in the source
>on Sourceforge.
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/chaperon/
>
>Chaperon is a LALR(1) parser, which parse structured text documents and
>generate XML documents as output. It includes a parser generator like yacc
>and a regex scaner like lex. As input use Chaperon a grammar written in
>XML.
>
>I wrote two little examples. The first example creates a XMl document from
>a little mathematical expression and colorize it
>http://chaperon.sourceforge.net/chaperon-screenshot-1.jpg
>
>The second example transform a mathematical expression, written in a form
>similar to latex, to MathML and produce a GIF using the my serializer from
>the jeuclid project.
>http://chaperon.sourceforge.net/chaperon-screenshot-2.jpg
>
>I were glad to hear your opinions od suggestions.
>
>Stephan Michels.

To give you some input, do you know the JEDI parser, at
http://www.darmstadt.gmd.de/oasys/projects/jedi/index.html ?

I used it for some demos, and It's very porwerful to parse text content
to XML. Unfortunately, it's not opensource and seems to be frozen (I
sent a mail to the author but got no answer), but maybe you'll find some
inspiration there.

Sylvain.