cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ann] chaperon project launched at SF(was: textparser)
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:07:08 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally found a name for my project;-) I have now check in the source
> on Sourceforge.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/chaperon/

Cool!

> Chaperon is a LALR(1) parser, which parse structured text documents and
> generate XML documents as output. It includes a parser generator like yacc
> and a regex scaner like lex. As input use Chaperon a grammar written in
> XML.

Very cool!

> I wrote two little examples. The first example creates a XMl document from
> a little mathematical expression and colorize it
> http://chaperon.sourceforge.net/chaperon-screenshot-1.jpg
>
> The second example transform a mathematical expression, written in a form
> similar to latex, to MathML and produce a GIF using the my serializer from
> the jeuclid project.
> http://chaperon.sourceforge.net/chaperon-screenshot-2.jpg
>
> I were glad to hear your opinions od suggestions.

I'm downloading it right now.

Hmmmm, just wondering: how hard would it be to write a Chaperon grammar
for the email MBOX format?

That way, we could have Chaperon transform all our email into XML, place
it into an XIndice, publish it with Cocoon and index it with Lucene...
and voila' here is the Forrest module for mail archiving :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.