cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible points of scalibility issues
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:27:34 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>The question remains about the ECM itself yet.  I haven't had time to write
>>the profiling tests yet.
>>

> I fully trust your judgement on this.

:)

I found out that the ECM implementation has been changed, and the hashmaps backing
the ECM are now Container.synchronizedMap() wrapped.  :(

When I took off the synchronization, the time spent for 50,000 requests with 20
concurrent threads went from ~80,000ms to ~9,000ms.  However this is not a
threadsafe solution--I will add back in the external locking mechanism (the ReadWriteLock)
and make this work safely and a bit better.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin