cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: Possible points of scalibility issues
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:49:44 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> giacomo wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>> Berin,
>> Thanks giving us background information from Avalon land. It sounds very
>> interesting and I am very curious to see Cocoon performance number with
>> those new or rewritten classes.

Just as I expected--the ECM causes some serious thread contention issues.

When run with 10 simultaneous threads, the ECM completes in 6.8 seconds.
When I double the number of threads, the ECM completes in over 80 seconds.
2x the number of threads = 12x longer to complete.  This isn't good.  The
new ContainerManager stuff is experiencing bugs with pooled implementations,
but I will fix it as soon as I can.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

To unsubscribe, e-mail: