cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Marcano <ro...@promca.com>
Subject Re: Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism / Cocoon2 on JDK1.4
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:43:02 GMT
I havenĀ“t confirmed it yet, but I think that this is not required if you
are using Tomcat4 or a compliant Servlet 2.3 container

look at the bottom of the page
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

"As mentioned above, the web application class loader diverges from the
default Java 2 delegation model (in accordance with the recommendations
in the Servlet Specification, version 2.3, section 9.6). When a request
to load a class from the web application's WebappX class loader is
processed, this class loader will look in the local repositories first,
instead of delegating before looking. All other class loaders in Tomcat
4 follow the usual delegation pattern.
Therefore, from the perspective of a web application, class or resource

    * /WEB-INF/classes of your web application
    * /WEB-INF/lib/*.jar of your web application
    * Bootstrap classes of your JVM
    * System class loader classses (described above)
    * $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes
    * $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/*.jar
    * $CATALINA_HOME/classes
    * $CATALINA_HOME/lib/*.jar"