cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating An eXist Generator for Cocoon
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:05:00 GMT
Christofer Dutz wrote:

> A few weeks ago I joined the group developing the eXist Xml-Database and
> because of my experience with Cocoon I was assigned the task of
> integrating eXist into Cocoon. After finishing all work for being able

Is there any reason not to use (and patch, if that's the case) the
current XML:DB stuff? AFAIK eXist supports the XML:DB API, so I don't
see why have a custom Generator or (better, as Vadim suggested) a
Source. I think it's quite bad that the two major OSS XML databases
don't share a common API.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo