cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XPath-enabled Directory Generator
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:32:43 GMT
Bernhard Huber wrote:

> start using XPathDirectoryGenerator, cool stuff!

Hey, thanks! :)

> as it uses XPath processor of excalibur, and not of
> org.apache.cocoon.components.xpath
> anymore.
> took me some minutes, to understand that...
> maybe cocoon.roles should reflect that too, if
> org.apache.cocoon.components.xpath is deprecated...
> and javadocs in excalibur may reflect that too...

Yes, definitely we should start thinking about when (and how) the move
to Excalibur that Carsten is carrying on of the generic Cocoon
components (parser, XPath, source) is to be reflected in Cocoon itself.
I guess that Carsten is the best one to tell us if and when the porting
is complete and how to move the existing codebase to the new package
setup. Meanwhile it might be the case to switch back to the Cocoon
implementation so that we don't break the existing setup. What do you think?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo