cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject RequestLifecycle [was: Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap]
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:18:28 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>But I have also have a question : should enter/leaveEnvironment be
>>called only once per request (i.e. on the root sitemap), or also on
>>every nested subsitemap ?
>>In sitemap.handler, it seems to be called for each subsitemap, which
>>means for example that a RequestLifecycle component looked up in the
>>main sitemap is hidden when we enter in a subsitemap. Is this the
>>intended behaviour ?
>Argh, no of course not - the intended behaviour is that a RequestLifecycle
>component is valid for a request regardless in what sitemap it is looked up.
>But, if an internal request is process (using the cocoon: protocol),
>the RequestLifecycle component of the calling process are not valid inside
>the internal request. That is the intention of the lines in the
>Well, lets see if I can fix it somehow. Thanks for reporting it!
One more detail : should a "cocoon:" URL considered as a new request, or
should it inherit RequestLifecycle components of the calling request ?

I would say it should be considered as a new request, in order to behave
independently of the calling environment, but what do you think ?

Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: