cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Increasing perceived performance
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:24:32 GMT
Cocoon is a complex beast, we all know this, but I find it irritating
that people believe that cocoon is slow just because they *perceive* it
to be so.

Now, can't we polish the component manager to load packages only when
they are required?

This would also partially solve the problems of Batik requiring an X
Server: if you don't ask for the Batik classes, they are not loaded and
we don't have any problems (and we save lots of memory and lots of
startup time).

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.