cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <>
Subject RE: problems using j2sdk1.4.0 rc
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:12:08 GMT
It looks like this is not the only problem of running Cocoon
under JDK 1.4

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

-----Original Message-----
From: Enke Michael []
Sent: 12 февраля 2002 г. 20:29
Subject: problems using j2sdk1.4.0 rc

Hi people,
I installed version 1.4.0 release candidate from Sun (under Linux)
but cocoon seems to have problems with this.
I recompiled cocoon-2.1-dev.jar
By calling the first page I got the following error:

ProcessingException: Language Exception ...
Note: has been deprecated...

and other (may be following) errors:
EsqlConnectionCocoon2() is an abstract class. It can not be instantiated. ...

In components/language/programming/javac/
we ask if it is modern (com.sun...) or not (sun...)
But we have only this line (about line 117): compiler = new, "javac");
Here we don't care about modern or not.

I wrote the compile method as follows:
  public boolean compile() throws IOException {
    ByteArrayOutputStream err = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
    boolean result = false;
    if(modern) { compiler = new;
      int iresult = compiler.compile(toStringArray(fillArguments(new ArrayList())));
      if(iresult == 0) result = true;
      else result = false;
    else { compiler = new, "javac");
      result = compiler.compile(toStringArray(fillArguments(new ArrayList())));
      this.errors = new ByteArrayInputStream(err.toByteArray());
    return result;

But now I get a java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

The error log says that Excalibur also has problems:

FATAL_E (2002-02-12) 11:29.05:470   [core    ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/LogKitLogger:
Excalibur could not create any connections.
Examine your settings to make sure they are correct.
Make sure you can connect with the same settings on your machine.

Any suggestions?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: