cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From James Burton <strangega...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML-Based Selection (Redirect Serializer?)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:25:55 GMT
--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> What about writing a custom selectors that connects
> to the EJB logic?
> will sure be faster and cleaner than to have to
> serialize things as SAX
> events, and have a selectors look into the pipe for
> that.

The reason we use a Transformer is that our EJB
back-end offers services with an XML-in, XML-out API,
so we really like being able to invoke it as just
another pipe component.  If there were a selector that
took SAX on input that would work, but I think then
we're talking about the same thing.

(By the way, Cocoon ROCKS.  Right now it's the only
Java-based web interface framework I've found that
understands the real concerns of the designers as well
as the programmers).

Best regards,
James Burton