cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Various memory leak fixes
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:47:42 GMT
Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	Yesterday Christian and I did some intensive hunting for memory
	leaks inside of our application and Cocoon 2.0.1. We found
	various leaks including:

	1. TraxTransformer's xsltProcessor not releasing it's source resolver.
	2. AbstractTextSerializer not recycling it's namespace pipe.
	3. Logging context retaining the last object model used, per thread.

	In our application these leaks summed to approx. 50-60k per
	request, which under load testing scaled quite quickly.

	Also, FYI, there's currently a known memory leak in Xalan 2.2.0 which
	is also being addressed, Xalan bug 6075.

	I've got a patch ready and will submit it via Bugzilla in the
	next few minutes.

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: