cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [OT] who reads documentation / Lucene (Was:[PROPOSAL] mulitple actions per class)
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:02:31 GMT
On Wednesday 13 February 2002 14:58, Matthew Langham wrote:
>. . .
> We wrote quite a bit of documentation to go with the work we do - all
> nicely done in XML and then generated into HTML or PDF - using Cocoon
> (of course).
>
> BUT NO ONE READS IT! That's the sad truth (and probably the same
> everywhere).
>. . .

I think people are getting used to "googling" through docs: search a
few keywords and get a list of documents.

In that sense, the integration of Lucene in Cocooon 2.0.1 is certainly
a Good Thing - IMHO what you want to give to your users is a searchable
website of your docs, that lives and grows as you expand the system
being built.

- Bertrand