cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: AW: schedule/batch feature inside cocoon
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:37:35 GMT
On Wednesday 13 February 2002 08:23, Lars Steiger wrote:
>. . .
> simple xml. the parser is a generator. i call it
> SimpleTextParserGenerator. it needs an xml configuration für parsing
> a text stream. the xml configuration defines which text fragment goes
> under which xml node.
>. . .
Changing topics, but are you parsing "structured text" a la PHPwiki or
something? I've been thinking for a while (but didn't find time to do
it yet) that this would be a nice addition to Cocoon, being able to use
structured text as input.

>. . .
> yes, first i also thought about an external scheduling component. but
> such a process should not be accessible from outside.
>. . .
ok I see your point now.

Then what about writing an Action that would block access to your
pipeline based on the request's IP address?
(maybe even already feasible with Cocoon today?)

This would probably be far easier than writing a scheduler, and would
allow you to use an external tool, provided it runs on the same host.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++