cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: schedule/batch feature inside cocoon
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:13:43 GMT
On Tuesday 12 February 2002 21:54, Lars Steiger wrote:
>. . .
> i've just implemented some kind of html parsing logic
> inside cocoon, which now looks very nice (thanx to cocoon). but i
> can't start the whole parsing process as a scheduled task, without
> using a tool outside cocoon.
>. . .

Just curious, what kind of output does your parsing logic produce?

If it's HTML pages, I'd start a tool like wget to retrieve the pages
from Cocoon and save them in the right place. In that case, though, it
would IMHO make more sense to use an external scheduling component than
to integrate one in Cocoon.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++