cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Application level config file/s ?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 19:34:47 GMT
Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	I've been thinking recently about whether or not it makes sense
	to be able to separate the cocoon.xconf configuration file, so
	that application developers who choose to use Avalon, if they
	wish, can have their component's configuration details separate to
	those of Cocoon.

	Cocoon currently has the notion of user-roles to allow just this
	for role definitions, and to me it seems like a good idea to
	allow this at the component configuration level too ? perhaps even to
	the extent of being able to nest configuration files in a hierarchical
	fashion much like how we have nested sitemaps.

	What do you all think about supporting something like a user-config
	declaration, or some similar concept of nested/included config files ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: