cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Componentizing Cocoon Applications
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 06:27:10 GMT
On Sunday 03 February 2002 16:34, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>. . .
> Let me make a sitemap example to see what I envision:
>
>  <match pattern="*.html>
>   <generate src="docs/{1}.docbook"/>
>   <transform src="[skin]://docbook/docbook2html.xslt"/>
>   <serialize/>
>  </match>
>
> where the absence of 'protocol' information indicates that the
> component should look into its internal addressing space, while the
> [***]: virtual protocol indicates that you should connect to the
> implementation of the 'skin' role that you have choose at deployment
> time.

If I understand right, the "skin" role would have a contract with
Cocoon, but doesn't it need a contract with its XML input as well?

For example, a skin that expects docbook input will most probably not
work with input conforming to myOwnFunnyDTD.

Wouldn't something like [skin/docbook] or [skin/myOwnFunnyDTD] be
needed in defining these contracts (or subcontracts) more precisely?

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++