cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [vote] move tree-processor in the main trunk
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:34:48 GMT
> From: berni_huber@a1.net [mailto:berni_huber@a1.net]
>
> > Ok,
> >
> > Now that we have a functional interpreted sitemap engine, I
> > suggest we
> > move this on the main trunk and keep improving on it from there.
> +1

+1

> > Also, I would like to propose a name change: TreeProcessor isn't
> > exactlyself-explanatory as a 'sitemap interpreter'.
> +1

+1

> > Moreover, I'd love to be able to decide what to use (interpreted or
> > compiled) from cocoon.xconf.... or, in case the treeprocessor ends
up
> > faster all the time, simply blast the compiled version and get rid
of
> > that stupid javac!
> +1

-1, it's quite a radical change. Let's make maintenance release first
with the compiled sitemap engine present, and than I'm +1 on removing it
(we will have enough time to catch every bug in it). Than, it would be
logical to move interpreted sitemap engine to the main trunk after this
maintenance release.

What's your opinion on letting out 2.0.2?

> > that stupid javac!

Do not forget: XSP requires it. Is there any other stable java compiler
around (fileless)?

Vadim