cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [provocative] crushing userland
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:15:18 GMT
> From: Ugo Cei [mailto:u.cei@cbim.it]
>
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > Isn't Xindice collection already ordered by time document was
inserted?

> It looks like it is, but I don't know if this is guaranteed.

I suspect the order is preserved because of trees. Let Xindice gurus
confirm this.

> > Than simple query like /db/blog/*[position() > last()-20] should
work
> > then, or something like /db/blog/*[position() =
> > last()]/preceding::*[position() < 20] should even inverse the
order...

> It doesn't work. position() is 1 for all the nodes returned. This
> sitemap entry retrieves all the items in the collection:
>
> <map:match pattern="">
>   <map:generate

src="xmldb:xindice://dbsun.cbim.it:4080/db/rssblog/#/rss:item[position()
=1]"/>
>   <map:transform src="stylesheets/xmldb2rss.xsl" label="rss"/>
>   <map:transform src="stylesheets/blog.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> If I change "position()=1" to "position()=2", then no item is found.

Oops. :(
However, it makes sense - XPath is executed for every document in
collection independently.

It reminds me about some thread in the xindice-dev about having access
to the DB as to the one huge XML file (here: access to the collection as
to one XML). Then it will work, but I'm not sure when this will be
implemented (if it will be)...

Vadim