cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Confusion about Stores
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:25:56 GMT
> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> the whole store configuration is (at least for me) very confusing:

This is the result of evolutionary approach taken by me. Watch out for
changes (commits):

> Quoting the cocoon.roles:
>   <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store"
>         shorthand="cache-transient"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore"/>

Add /TransientCache to role name;

>   <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/Filesystem"
>         shorthand="repository"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>

Replace /Filesystem with /Repository. Remove default class. (or remove
whole entry?)

>   <role
name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/PersistentCache"
>        shorthand="cache-persistent"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>

> And the cocoon.xconf:
>   <repository
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"
>               logger="core.store.repository">
>   </repository>

Remove this entry;

>   <cache-persistent
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"
>                     logger="core.store.persistent">
>   </cache-persistent>
>
>   <!-- Memory Storing: -->
>   <cache-transient
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore"
>          logger="core.store.transient">
>   </cache-transient>
>
> The used lookups in the sources:
>
> lookup(Store.ROLE + "/PersistentCache")
> lookup(Store.ROLE + "/PersistentCache")
>
> Now some of the problems:
> - I can configure a "repository" in the cocoon.xconf, but this is
nowhere
> looked up.

It used to be used, not anymore.

> - I have to lookup (Store.ROLE+"/Filesystem") to lookup a
"repository".

Will be /Repository which is more meaningful.

> - If I lookup Store.ROLE, I get the cache-transient component, so my
"store"
> will
> forget about the things I stored in. This is not the expected
behaviour.

Will be renamed to /TransientCache

> So, how are you dealing with this?

That's the plan. Expect commit today-tomorrow.

Vadim