cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <>
Subject RE: Dispatcher/Adapter
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:27:44 GMT
> From: DZIEMBOWSKI,KINGA (HP-NewJersey,ex2)
> Vadim,
> Let's summarize what is my understanding of the changes you propose.
> 1. Dispatcher to extend Transformer  it is OK modification althrough I
> think other components can be candidates to became Dispatchers.
> 2. The scenario you try to describe is:
> The adapter express the interest in some XML element, the Dispatcher
> query the adapters using
> String getNamespaceURI();
> String getElement();

Yes, it is one of the possibilities (the simplest one, I think).

> Dispatcher channels all elements until the end tag to the adapter
> in such element.
> The adapter, if it is DOMBased collects all events of its interest and
> Node process(Node) method is processing the document fragment. At the
end of
> the processing it is streaming the results to the main stream of SAX

> If this is the model you describe I do not have a problem with it.
> It changes somehow the original design but
> when I am thinking more about this I understand why you like
> to make such modifications.

> For the adapter, the access to HttpRequest/Request will be done
> through SitemapModelComponent capabilities.

For the HTTP-only-adapters: yes, through the object model provided by
setup method.

> Let me know if it is correct understanding.

Yes, you got it exactly as I see it.

If you like this approach, let's see now what others think about it

> Regards,
> Kinga

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: