cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Dispatcher/Adapter
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:46:13 GMT
> From: giacomo [mailto:giacomo@apache.org]
>
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, DZIEMBOWSKI,KINGA (HP-NewJersey,ex2) wrote:

<snip/>

> > Just for curiosity why some sitemap components are registered in the
sitemap
> > and some in cocoon.xconf. What is the criteria used to make the
decision
> > where to register the component?
>
> To tell you the truth: I DON'T KNOW! they shouldn't be there (or
> I've missed some changes recently).

Yep :)

> There has beeen proposals to move
> all component from the sitemap.xmap to the cocoon.xconf but we have
not
> come to a decision.
>
> So, Vadim, why are they there?

To show off the possibility ;)
There was concern raised: lots of "org.apache.cocoon....." in
sitemap.xmap scares newbies away, and I kind of agree with this
statement (remembering these days when had a look at (IIRC) Jetspeed
configuration)

So we need to come to some conclusion on this and (may be) move most of
the standard components into cocoon.xconf. This will allow us to have
clean sitemap.xmap.

Vadim