cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: is cocoon symmetry a holy grail?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:55:15 GMT
> From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]
>
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > > From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]

<snip/>

> > > Did I get you guys right? You want to merge XML streams?
> >
> > Split, pass through several pipelines, and merge together.
> >

> > > Merging XML is a tough one...
> >
> > Not (much) tougher than CIncludeTransformer and ContentAggegator :)
>
> Well, our CA is currently not really merging but including parts into
> new document. I though that's the difference: merging instead of
> including. If not - I didn't get the difference to CA correctly...

Difference between CA and thing proposed is that in CA map:part decides
where from it gets XML, and in this proposal "multiplexer" streams SAX
events to the sub-pipelines, replacing generator defined in the sitemap.
Hence the picture: split, feed to several pipelines, and merge results.

Vadim