cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Java Compiler, Re: [vote] move tree-processor in the main trunk
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 21:46:14 GMT
All,

Is there any interest in integrating Cocoon with pizza Java Compiler?
http://pizzacompiler.sourceforge.net

My observations about it so far are:
1. Compiled byte code is almost identical to Sun's compiler output.
2. It is 450 Kb in size, comparing with 4.7Mb of javac.
3. Startup time is faster (because of size difference?).
4. Compilation time is ~ same or little bit faster.
5. It goes under "Artistic License" - same as jstyle.

Vadim

> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]

<snip/>