cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Various memory leak fixes
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:54:45 GMT
> From: Marcus Crafter [mailto:crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net]
>
> Hi Carsten,
>
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 02:05:07PM +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > thanks for your patch - it's applied, well not exactly: The patches
> > for the TraxTransformer and the CocoonServlet were already in the
> > current CVS, but in a slightly different form.
> >
> > Could you please check if that is ok - I think it is, it seems that
> > they were already contained in a previous patch you submitted.
>
> 	Yep, everything looks ok. You are right, current CVS already
includes 2
> 	of the patches (they weren't from me though). I was too focused
> 	on the 2.0.1 codebase! :)

My fault - forgot to tell you to check out CVS ;)

> > Did you find all memory leaks of Cocoon?
>
> 	We are still testing, but they were the major ones in 2.0.1.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Marcus
>
> 	PS. BTW, what is the current process with bugfixes, etc. Are we
> 	maintaining a stable cocoon release (ie. 2.0.1 plus fixes)
alongside
> 	HEAD ? or is 2.0.1 now finished until the next major release ?

I proposed to make a 2.0.2 some time ago... Response was positive, but
no date was set. Cocoon 2.0.2 will be made (AFAIU) out of HEAD without
scratchpad, thus giving stable Cocoon + patches. It will be good however
to resolve/document JDK1.4 and Tomcat 4.0.2 issues before this - user
list is flooded with mails about these two issues.

Vadim