cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject How to apply patches correctly?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 09:26:37 GMT
I read patch 5593-Form encoding enhancement, and it seems cool, so I tried
to apply it to my Cocoon and got this error in Cygwin:

Administrator@PC103 /cygdrive/c/jbprojects
$ patch -u < showattachment.txt
patching file `SetCharacterEncodingAction.java'
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -urN xml-cocoon2.orig/src/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.java
xml-c
ocoon2/src/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.java
|--- xml-cocoon2.orig/src/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.java    Thu
Dec
|+++ xml-cocoon2/src/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.java Thu Dec 27
10:29
:50 2001
File to patch:

I also tried the -d option but with no change.
What am I missing?

BTW, IMHHO the long license in all file is really annoying.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -