cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Creating An eXist Generator for Cocoon
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:16:44 GMT
Hi,

I am quite new to this side of the Cocoon project ( usually I was just
using Cocoon ), so please be patient.

A few weeks ago I joined the group developing the eXist Xml-Database and
because of my experience with Cocoon I was assigned the task of
integrating eXist into Cocoon. After finishing all work for being able
to start/stop/access eXist locally ( not over HTTP or RPC ), I have
started creating a new Generator called
"org.apache.cocoon.generation.ExistGenerator" ( If I am not allowed to
place the class there . please tell me. I just thought that it belonged
there ).

After finishing a first prototype of the generator, I wanted to test it.
So I added following part to the Sitemap where the generators are
defined :

<map:generator name="exist"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ExistGenerator"/>

This didn't seem to cause any problems . so I added a simple match in
the standard sample pipeline ( I am using a totally fresh installation
of Tomcat and Cocoon 2 ) "

<map:match pattern="exist">

       <map:generate type="exist" src="xPathExpression"/>

       <map:serialize/>

</map:match>

When accessing this page I get a :

UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for
hint: exist

>From Cocoon.

Does this mean that the class couldn't be found, or could there be a
problem with the class itself ?

My Generator extends the AbstractGenerator class. I hope this is the
right way. If not, could someone please send me a small tutorial with
the steps needed to create a new Generator ?

Thanx in advance,

Christofer Dutz

C-Ware IT-Service

Inh. Christofer Dutz