cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <>
Subject Re: Allowed Sitemap Constructs
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:15:47 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi,
> I currently run into the problem that I created pipelines which I
> thought were possible, but currently are not support by Cocoon:
> It is not possible to nest anything other than a map:part into
> a map:aggregate, so the following doesn't work:
> <map:aggregate>
>   <map:select type="test">
>     <map:when test="a">
>       <map:part src="a"/>
>     </map:when>
>     <map:otherwise>
>       <map:part src="b"/>
>     </map:otherwise>
>   </map:select>
>   <map:part src="constant"/>
> </map:aggregate>
> Is this a bug or is this by design?

It is by design but IMO nothing prevents us from having your proposed

> My personal opinion is, that this should be possible.
> Another restriction we currently have is already entered as a bug with
> the number 4357: An Action is not possible as a root element inside
> a map:pipeline, only map:match can be a used as a root element.
> So here again, is this by design?

Yes, this is by design. The root elements inside a map:pipeline is a
map:match element.

We solved this by

     <map:match pattern="**">
       <map:act type="..."/>

> I think we shouldn't make such restrictions. But at least if we make
> these restrictions we should document them.

I thought it was documented, that there must be map:match-es as
direct children of map:pipeline (at least I though so).