cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject XMLByteStreamInterpreter
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:50:09 GMT
While using the XMLByteStreamCompiler and XMLByteStreamInterpreter
I found that the Compiler will store all SAXevent just fine. No matter
if it's a valid DocumentFragment of just a fragment of a XML stream.

But the interpreter assumes that there is always a enclosing
startDocument/endDocument event and will otherwise only stop
with an SAXException "reached end of input".

Since the compiler supports it I'd like to change the interpreter
not to throw an exception but end normaly on the end of input.
AFAICS this should have no impact on Cocoon itself.

(Carsten, I know the caching system makes extensive use of the
XMLBytesStreamInterpreter. Can you see any problem with that?)

If noone objects I'd like to change the interpreter so we have
the compiler to really record the events and the interpreter to
recall the events as recorded. (Right now I can record something
that I cannot recall with the interpreter without getting this
Exeption)

If we really want to observe what gets recorded and recalled I propose to
change the interpreter as mentioned and create two new classes extending the simple
compiler and interpreter that will make sure only DocumentFragments will
be recorded and can be recalled.

What do you guys think?
--
Torsten