cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <>
Subject RE: Cocoon scalability continued
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 16:51:18 GMT
On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Lewis, Andrew  J wrote:

> I am getting ready to recommend Cocoon for a very large project where
> it will need to handle immense load. In reality, XSP is more than I
> need and I don't expect to be using it. From what I have read, most of
> the scalability problems seem to be XSP related - can anyone confrim
> or reject that thought for me?

For whatever it is worth,, a UK based geographical
information services company implemented their WAPTV system using Apache
AxKit (A Perl+C technology v.similar to cocoon, waiting for cvs and a web
site on, but available at htttp:// in the meantime).
It's all XSP, and all un-cached. Tested with 1000 concurrent users (yes,
really). The catch, I guess, is it's not Java. But it's fast :-)

I don't know if it's considered bad form to talk about competing (albeit
under the same project umbrella) projects here. If so, I appologise and
will get back to work :-)

<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->

To unsubscribe, e-mail: