cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <>
Subject Re: Performance Test
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:58:35 GMT

>> Hi Team,
>> it seems to be a tradition to exec some
>> perfomance tests before the next release ;-).
>> <snip/>
>> Observations:
>> - no memory or cpu leaks
>> - compared to august last year, cocoon seems
>> to be a lot of quicker and stable
>> - Number of hits: 19502
>> - Requests per Second: 12.17
>The number or requests per second seems awfully small for the type of
>machine you have. I get a lot more, ~70reqs/sec, on my machine (an
>antique 2 CPU 450MHz).

With how much threads did you worked? Which pages did you stress?
Which tool do you use? Look into the report.txt. This describes which
pages I stressed.

>> People, we are on the right way!
>I'm no longer sure, with this low number you sent out.

;-), I thought that was pretty well, because of this huge amount
of parallel threads.

>Also I noticed we no longer use the CachingEventPipeline and
>CachingStreamPipeline classes in our cocoon.roles. They could boost up
>the speed quite a bit. Anything wrong with them?

Nope I'm using CachingxxxPipeline. But I will check this this evening.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message